Sunday, February 24, 2013

To Listen

This is My chosen Son. Listen to Him.
At yesterday's reception ceremony for the three newest members of our Lay Carmelite Community, I bowed my head in prayer begging for the enthusiasm theses three women have in Carmel. Why am I so lukewarm about it? What is more important to me than living my profession as a Lay Carmelite? I have been requested by God over and over again to listen to Him. What is it that I do that gets in the way of the ability to sit still and just do it? Is it fear? Am I afraid of love in action and being asked One More Thing of me? Am I overwhelmed in my life? What is overwhelming me? This week one of my devotionals , probably Fr. Grabner, asked what I needed to give up in order to move closer to God? In today's Gospel Peter, James and John were willing to give up their whole existence to live in a tent on Mt. Tabor with Moses and Elijah and the Transfigured Christ. That is just not me.  Not here. Not now. I am trying to find a baby step way of approaching this monumental problem. What came to me is to try just 5 minutes, five minutes of time, of silence,  of trusting in God to take that five minutes and multiply it. I am going to try to pray before every task of my day (my to do list is very long)in hopes that this will remind me to pray in thanksgiving after every task and to cause me to pray during each task. Let's see if this works. Tune in to the continued challenges of Trekking Catholic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment