Monday, February 25, 2013

Gifts

Give and gifts will be given to you...

I laughed when I read this verse in today's Gospel passage. Gift is my word of the year and I have strung together at least 88 days of giving. Let me put a plug in here for 29 Gifts, a lovely book and even lovelier idea. In one of my devotionals today, I think it was in the writings of Brother Lawrence, there was a phrase about giving honor and glory to God by my love for Him.  And in another, knowing the truth of trust and faithfulness in finding joy in God's creation. Two way streets. My gifts of love and joy to God and His gifts of nature and peace to me.
I didn't do well at all in my resolution to pray before all things yesterday. I did open the Way of the Pilgrim, one of the books we are reading in our Carmelite group. One of our members talked about how much grace she received in reading it. I trust it is there for me as well.  To  Practice the Presence of God, to give God my trust and faithfulness, to receive knowledge of His presence in my life. Trekking Catholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment